• Obese employees experience higher levels of absenteeism due to illness than normal weight employees35
• Normal-weight men miss an average of 3.0 days each year due to illness or injury
• In comparison, overweight and obese men (BMI 25-35), miss approximately 2 more work days per year than normal-weight men, a 56% increase in missed days
• In comparison, overweight women miss 3.9 days, a 15% increase in missed days; obese women (BMI greater than 30) miss 5.2 days, a 53% increase in missed days; and women with a BMI of 40 or higher miss 8.2 days, a 141% increase in missed days, almost one week more of missed work each year than normal-weight women.
• Form a Wellness Committee.
• Set goals and objectives,
• Plan your wellness year.
• Conduct an employee intrest survey.
• Find people who will serve as good role models for commitee.
• Post healthy tiips, facts and ideas on your intranet, comapny newsletter, lunch room bullentin board or paychecks.
• Promote your health plans exisiting wellness programs.
Did You Know...
Healthier employees are less likely to call in sick or use vacation time due to illness.
Companies that support workplace health have a greater percentage of employees at work every day.
Because employee health frequently carries over into better health behavior that impact both the employee and their family (such as nutritious meals cooked at home or increased physical activity with the family), employees may miss less work caring for ill family members as well.
Similarly, workplace health programs can reduce presenteeismThe measurable extent to which health symptoms, conditions, and diseases adversely affect the work productivity of individuals who choose to remain at work.he measurable extent to which health symptoms, conditions, and diseases adversely affect the work productivity of individuals who choose to remain at work.
The cost savings of providing a workplace health program can be measured against absenteeism among employees, reduced overtime to cover absent employees, and costs to train replacement employees.
Eats | Activity | Work | Relax