Resources

Community

211 – Essential Community Services | United Way 200 – Get help paying bills, finding food, and locating other resources near you. Call 211 now for confidential help from a caring expert.

American Red Cross

Cell Phone Drive To Support Victims of Domestic Violence

Drop off Your Old Cell Phones at the Central Rhode Island Chamber
3288 Post Road, Warwick

The Central Rhode Island Chamber of Commerce is partnering with the Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center (EBC Center) to collect used cell phones from the community. Your generous donation will be used to help victims of domestic abuse.  

Donated cell phones will be given to victims of domestic abuse. The 911 emergency number will be programmed into these phones and, in case of emergency, the used will need only to press one button to be connected to the police or emergency services. Other phones will be sent to Shelter Alliance, where they’ll be recycled in return for monetary compensation for the EBC Center.

The EBC Center serves Central Rhode Island and offers safe shelter and other services that are devoted to helping victims of domestic violence. Domestic abuse affects women and men of all ages and backgrounds – teenagers and the elderly, rich and poor, the highly educated and the unskilled. Domestic violence hurts the entire family and everyone in the community. It destroys lives, taxes our medical system, uses legal and police resources, affects productivity in the workplace and schools, and most sadly, damages the hearts and minds of innocent children who witness violence or are victims themselves. And it happens every day, in every neighborhood in Rhode Island.

The goal of the Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center is “to end participation in, and societal tolerance of, domestic violence. We foster an environment of safety and learning in a family oriented center. We reflect the growing diversity of American families in the composition of our board, staff and volunteers.”

To that end, the EBC Center offers:
— 24-hour crisis hotline
— safe shelter
— counseling
— child services
— court advocates
— community outreach
— education
— support groups
— violence prevention programs

For additional information, call the Elizabeth Buffum Chace Center at 401-738-1700

Energy Efficiency Incentives | Assessments | Rebates

Rhode Island State Departments and Agencies

RI Emergency Management Agency 
RIEMA’s primary mission has been to reduce the loss of life and property and to protect Rhode Island’s infrastructure from all types of dangers through a program of mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery.

Education

RI Dept. of Education

Working Together For Our Kids
The Rhode Island Department of Education is committed to ensuring equity in education and creating conditions for every student to think critically and collaboratively and act as creative, self-motivated, culturally and globally competent learners.

Career & Technical Education

Driver Education – Statewide

Driver Education – Registration, Permit, License, Course Schedule
from the Course Schedule page select “CWCE” prior to the season and you will see Drivers Education as a course selection

Educational Resources

EnrollRI – Find Your Future
A one-stop enrollment platform that helps families to understand their options and seamlessly apply for the programs that best meet their children’s needs.

Mentor Rhode Island
    – Enhancing the lives of Rhode Island youth through Mentoring

Mentor Rhode Island

IT’S ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIPS
It’s our mission to ensure youth have access to the motivational and supportive relationships they need to grow into confident, successful adults.

A FREE RESOURCE CENTER

We offer free services to students and parents preparing, planning, and paying for your educational journey.

RISLA’s College Planning Center (CPC) is a free service dedicated to helping students gain access to higher education. Each year, the CPC helps thousands of students and families plan for attending and paying for college. 

Reminder: We have moved to Chapel View, Cranston.

Phone – Email – Schedule Appt – Location

We Are

RISLA is a non-profit State agency offering students and families nationwide college planning services,  low-cost student loans, scholarships, and student refinancing options.  RISLA has been a non-profit state agency providing affordable education solutions since 1981.  We offer free college planning services and scholarships to Rhode Island residents and offer employer student loan repayment services, low-cost student loans, and student refinancing options to students and families nationwide. 

We are with you every step of the way on your education journey.

Job Seekers

Are you interested in changing career paths but aren’t sure where to start? Have you lost your job and are looking for a fresh start? Kickstart a new career by enrolling in a job training program. Rhode Island offers several workforce development solutions & resources to help you on your journey.

Job Seeker Resources at RI DLT

Level up Your Career With Free or Reduced Cost Career Training Programs!

Whether you’re looking for a new job or want to advance your career, the DLT and our partner organizations offer free or reduced cost training programs that can help you reach your goals. These programs are designed to be flexible and convenient, so you can fit them into your busy schedule. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today to learn more!

Transportation & Healthy Aging Services

Public Transportation

As the public transportation provider for the State of Rhode Island, the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) offers a variety of services and programs to meet the transit needs of residents and visitors to our State.  These services are outlined in the Guide to RIPTA Services.  You can also get more information at http://www.ripta.com.      

RIPTA BUS ACCESSIBILTY  Click for the following details

• Things To Know Before You Go
  • Additional Access Information Regarding RIPTA Buses
  • Boarding the Bus Using the Lift or Ramp
  • Exiting the Bus Using the Lift 

BUS PASS PROGRAM FOR SENIORS AND PEOPLE WITH DIABILITIES

TRANSPORTATION IN YOUR COMMUNITY

TRANSIT PARTNERS

green leafed plant

Final Preparations

Funeral Homes and Cremation Services

Florists

Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs | Includes links to VA Benefits and health care 1-800-698-2411

RIPTA VETERAN’S SERVICES